Shop & Save during the Florida Sales Tax Holiday
Ready to shop? Ready to save some cash? The annual Florida Sales Tax Holiday will begin at 12.01am on Friday August 4th and end at 11.59pm on Sunday August 6th 2017.
Take advantage of the Sales Tax Holiday in stores throughout Florida. Most will be taking part, but not all, so check prior to making a purchase.
As much as the State of Florida loves visitors, it doesn’t like giving away too much. Sales tax will still apply on the sale of clothing, school supplies, or computers and computer-related accessories in a theme park, entertainment complex, public lodging establishment and airport.
Items Included in Florida Sales Tax Holiday 2017:
- Clothing will be tax-free up to $60 each
- Tax exemption on footwear priced at $60 and under
- Wallets, bags, handbags, backpacks and fanny packs under $60
- School supplies will be tax-free for items up to $15 each
- Personal computer and some PC related accessories up to $750 (not applicable for commercial use)
Online Orders during Florida Sales Tax Holiday 2017:
Online Orders for certain items are covered. See Amazon guidelines.
The 2017 Florida Sales Tax Holiday does not apply to:
- Any item of clothing selling for more than $60
- Any school supply item selling for more than $15
- All books, except the Bible, are taxable
Florida Sales Tax Holiday Savings:
How much will you save during Sales Tax Weekend in Florida? The State tax is 6%. In addition each County has the opportunity to add a discretionary sales tax surcharge of up to 1.5%. So if you’re shopping in and around the Orlando area, you’ll save 7-7.5%.
Here’s a list of the local counties in and around the Orlando area:
- Orange County 7.00%
- Osceola County 7.50%
- Lake County 7.00%
- Polk County 7.00%
For the full list of all counties in Florida see: Florida Sales Tax
Examples of School Supplies during Florida Sales Tax Holiday Weekend
|• Paper holders and fasteners (e.g. binders, clipboards, staplers and staples).
• Paper items (e.g. paper, bluebook, construction paper, stationary, notebook filler paper, poster paper, composition books and notebooks).
• Art supplies (e.g. paint, brushes, pens, pencils, colored pencils and crayons).
• Items for carrying books (e.g. book bags, school/book backpacks and lunchboxes).
• Writing instruments (e.g. chalk, highlighters, markers, pens, pencils, colored pencils and crayons).
|• Correction products (e.g. whiteout, correction fluid, and pencil erasers).
• Reference materials (e.g. textbooks, dictionaries and thesaurus).
• Tape (e.g. masking, scotch and cellophane tape).
• Book accessories (e.g. book markers and book covers).
• Organizers (e.g. index cards, file folders and organizer notebooks).
• Compasses, protractors, scissors, rulers, pencil sharpeners and calculators.
• Glue and paste.
For a full list of all tax-free items in the 2017 Florida Sales Tax Holiday, see the Florida Tax Information Publication